I titled this post running because that seems to be the latest activity to spring forth in my life. I've always been a runner, and loved it. Most of my running has been shorter runs associated with some sport I was in. Never thought about running for distance until a friend turned me on to its wonderful powers of clearing the mind and soul. So gathering some long-lost self-motivation, I set out to run. My first few runs weren't what I was looking for. They felt good but my (hand-me-down) shoes needed replacement, my form was for short runs, I was more tired than I expected, and a little worried. So the first thing my 'coach' recommended was start at the beginning, with the most important item: shoes. I went to a Fleet-Feet in Sacramento and got custom fitted with some shoes, complete with fancy inserts. I ran my ass off after getting those shoes, logging almost 20 running miles in that first week. The runs felt great, but was still worried...
Test comment
ReplyDeleteLava trip sounds very interesting. I've never been to one of those before. I keep thinking of Ang and can't imagine what it must be like for her in this heat. Do their living quarters have AC? We've been in the high 90°'s so any work I need to do outside I do early in the morning or just after the sun goes down. Sure glad we don't have the humidity to go with it like back East. I like this being able to keep up with your doings. Good Job!
ReplyDelete